Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday June 1, 2009

made it back after a week and a half off. PNCA is on summer break, so there are no students now, and the library has shortened hours. I spoke with Dan about my teaching module and he came up with some really great ideas. I think that I am going to do a mixture of a video tutorial with the plan. I think it will be a really great way of reaching those art students who tend to be pretty visual learners. I want to do a sort of montage of photos to illustrate a search. The first part will feature a "student" with a search query. Secondly, I will show the library's print section and show the futility of searching through all of the stacks of print art journals to find the artist. Third, I will show that everything in the print journal section can be found online via Art Index Full Text. I will then do a short tutorial on how to use AIFT. Tomorrow I will "storyboard" it and coordinate the search terms I want to use. Dan has some specific ideas, so I will discuss with him what I intend to do. I think it will be really fun and a good way to step out of my comfort zone. I am going to incorporate the finished tutorial into a teaching module for LI837, the teaching Info Literacy course. So it should be fun! I love new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment