Playing catch-up
Well I haven't updated my practicum journal in a few days mainly because I do the same thing every day, and I feel like I am repeating myself over and over. I am still working on the viseo transfer project, although now I am doing it all myself since my student is done for the semester (and he never communicated that to me, either). I am finished with the animated videos and have finished with the cataloging aspect of the animation videos.
So it's summer break at the library. I have asked Dan if I could design a teaching module for the fall semester and he is all for it. Unfortunately, that is months away, so I am going to have to find a new project to work on in the meantime. There is a ton of cataloging that needs to happen, but honestly, that sounds so tedious and boring to me. I have volunteered to help with it, though. Dan is a chronic "dumpster diver", as I call it. He searches library listservs for throwaways and free things for PNCA, which all needs to be cataloged when we get it. His latest acquisition is the entire print series of "LIFE" magazine from 1939-2000, all of which, I reminded him is available free online! He wants to fill up the library with junk to make it seem like it's bursting at the seams when the time comes for renovating the building.
Anyway, next week the school is closed so I will have a mini vacation before school starts up again. After that, I will be digging around for projects to work on this summer. Technically, I think that I have fulfilled the 120 hour requirement for the practicum, but I guess I can never have too much experience.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment