Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monday June 15, 2009

Today I basically just sat at the circulation desk with Serenity while she worked on her "New Books" video for the library website. I was asking her questions about my teaching session. It turns out that I can't do my original plan because we won't be in a library, so I can't have the "students" go out to the stacks to search for periodicals. So my idea #2 was to Compare and contrast Google Images with ArtStor. That would be ideal, but unfortunately, Emporia doesn't have a subscription to ArtStor, so we won't be able to access it in class. So I changed the parameters to Wikipedia and Art Index Online. I am not happy with this scenario, but I am sort of in a pinch for time, so it will have to do. I am totally nervous to teach, even to my classmates. I also am afraid of messing up or giving misinformation. I really think that for the next two weeks I need to just learn all I can about Art Index Online so I will feel confident teaching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment