Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Dan had a project for me as soon as I walked in today. He had a DVD boxed set that needed some extra cataloging. It is a boxed set of cartoons from the 1930s and he wanted the characters attributed somewhere in the MARC record. For. Each. Cartoon. All 150+ of them. So basically I negotiated a way to just enter the characters in next to the Disk number: "Disk 2 (Featuring Popeye / Betty Boop):" This will ensure that a person searching for "Popeye" in the catalog will get to that item. I also broke up the boxed set into 12 separate records, each with its own barcode, which will hopefulle increase its circulation. It was pretty fun to figure out how to best go about the cataloging process. I am not a fan of cataloging at all, because I think it requires more attention to detail than I am capable of giving. But it was pretty satisfying to complete the whole project in 1.5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment