Dan and I are drawing up a proposal for the college to give up a new computer. Because of the ridiculously show processing time, due to outdated computers, this project will take much longer than initially thought. I am creating a couple of graphs with the price of a new computer versus the wages of a student worker when the work takes 5 times longer than we thought. It is looking like the computer will have paid for itself after only a few weeks. This also will figure into the institutional repository coordinator position that Dan is now working on a proposal to create. I doubt I'd be interested in that position, but a new computer would sure be helpful and more efficient.
I have suddenly become much, much more busy at PNCA and have been staying later and later for my shifts. My project is just now being launched and because of these little snags, I'm having to do a lot of work to work around them. This proposal for the VP of the college to give us a new computer was Dan's idea, but I volunteered to create it because I'd love to say that I was instrumental in getting the library a new computer! Anyway, I didn't finish my graphs yesterday, so that's what I'll be working on Wednesday.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment