Today I spent my 2.5 hours on cataloging Rose's donated items. I only got through half of them. It was fairly easy (if time consuming), and I feel more comfortable with the system now. I added a subject line in the MARC record for "student work" for the items that contain student exposition work. Anyway, I will work more on the rest of the items on Monday.
I have an idea that I'd like to propose to Dan about applying for a LSTA grant for the library. I know that he's interested in doing it, but he's really strapped for time. I would like to conduct the research and maybe do the legwork to get things rolling. That way we could collaborate on the process and I can learn how it's done. I'm going to look into taking a grant-writing class or workshop if it's offered, maybe at PCC or something. So I'm going to look into what is needed for the process and if it's something I can complete before my time is up at PNCA. More on that later, I guess.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment