Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 6, 2009

I am currently working on my research proposal for my research class and I am using PNCA as my "subject". I want to do a user survey to see if implementing an information commons at the library would be worthwhile. Lately I've gotten really interested in the concept of an info commons and I like the idea of it at PNCA, where the students utilize the library for so much more than just research. I am hoping that the proposal goes well and that Dan and I can use the proposal as a launching pad for further research. My ideas sort of metamorphasized from just researching space issues in the library, to the realization that creating an information commons would be ideal for that particular space. As it turns out, Dan has been really interested in the same thing, so he shared some of his resources that he's been using for the same reason! so we've both come to the same conclusion about the library. Anyway, i'll be working on that this week, because my rough draft is due on Saturday. Once I'm finished with this proposal I;ll be moving on to teaching some classes. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment