Well the animation project is winding down to an end. I am going to work with Thom (my student worker) on creating an easy system that all students and staff can understand and get the process going all the time. There are only a few weeks left of the Spring term, so I am going to lose him as a helper after that. I want to begin on other areas of the video colelction so that we can eventually get the entire thing completed.
I am now seeing the "bigger picture" as far as this project is concerned, as I sat in on a presentation given by the Reed College librarian who is working on her own grant to create a digital repository for the college. Dan is interested in purchasing Content DM so that we have a place to store not only our digital image collections, but our personal video collections as well. This way, students wouldn't have to even come to the library to check them out--they could access them from home. So getting our own materials into digital form will be important for that.
I am still working on my research proposal to integrate an information commons into the PNCA library. The more I read about it, the more I think it's a perfect model for the library, as it builds on student collaboration and combines technology and reference with it. It's perfect. I'll discuss more on that later.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment