Tuesday, April 28, 2009
April 27, 2009
I had a really great conversation with Dan today about his vision for the informaiton commons at PNCA. He and I have some similar ideas about how we can improve the students' information literacy, and we are both in agreement that it will be difficult to measure. I think it will require a lot of rearranging of the library and installation of more technology, which will mean that we need money. I think the great thing about the library is that the collaborative and social aspects of the IC model are already an existing characteristic of the library's culture, and that the other improvements will be ancillary to that. I will email him my paper and he can go over it to see if there are things he disagrees with, etc, so I can go ahead with the research, and develop a better questionnaire. I would like to eventually conduct mixed methods research using quantitative data generated from the questionnaires, as well as circulation and reserves stats, coupled with qualitative, observational and focus group research. More to talk about with Dan tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment