Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wednesday July 8, 2009

I spent my time at the library going over loose ends and making sure I had everything in order for the animation "summit". I double checked the syllabi for the visiting faculty and made sure the cataloging was correct on their reserve items. I have also been ramping up the video art digitization again. I have to say that it is going soooo much more smoothly now that I am doing it, and not a student. I know I should be better at delegating, but I have more control over the process now, and I know it's being done right.
I was asked to sit in on the staff meeting this afternoon, so I got to listen to everyone hash out schedules, talk about furniture moves for the library, and to discuss new shelving, new reference materials, and just an overall planning session. It was really fun and I hope that I am being brought in to the meeting to get me more integrated with the library staff because I am being considered for the new position that is being created! Dan and I have talked extensively about what his plans and expectations are for the new librarian. I know that I am qualified for the job, I will just really have to win them all over with my institutional knowledge :)

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment