Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 16, 2009

Today, I began the cataloging process by going through, one by one, the entire video collection looking for films that included animation but were not on the master list. I was referencing the list that had been generated directly from the OPAC (all titles with "amination" in the record). I was shocked that so many had been left off the list. I also found that many were missing, as well. PNCA doesn't have a gigantic collection of videos--I'd guess it's around 600-700 total items. I plan on compiling a spreadsheet so that I can get a better grasp on the number of records I'll need to fix. I plan on entering in more descriptive information to the records, so that when a user searches "animation" or "animated", all relevant titles will come up. One other issue that I've run into was that several boxed sets were broken into individual videos, but that the individual videos were not assigned volume numbers. I assume that this would mean that if one were checked out, there would be no way to know which one--from the catalog. I will add, however, that each item has a unique barcode.

No comments:

Post a Comment